Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Winds of Change

I start this blog as I am watching the winds of change all around me. I have worked in the Financial industry for 25 years and have lived in Indiana all of my life. I have always enjoyed my work and have appreciated being a Hoosier in many ways. Now, I will move to Florida to be a hospice chaplain. The winds of change are blowing.

I love the book, entitled Breathe the Wind, Drink the Rain by Douglas Wood. It represents a new beginning. So for post #1, I share some of the story of Breathe the Wind, Drink the Rain.

Wake up. Notice how things grow. Don't be afraid to see what you see, hear what you hear, think what you think, or feel what you feel. Attend sunrises. Watch turtles. Spend time with what you love. Waste time with whom you love. Have a favorite chair. Sit under big trees. Smell honeysuckle. Find pussywillows. Pack light. Leave your own tracks. Travel well, but Be Where You Are Now. Thank everything that's thank-able, everyday. Look often at the moon and stars. Know that the News is not the world. Taste what you eat and smell what you breathe. Give away. Don't chase butterflies; be still, they will land on you. Figure out what you hate about life. Figure out how to love it anyway. Make friends with mystery. Unwrap the gift of each day. Do the thing you fear. Get off "Someday I'll" and set sail. For a real island...For a point on the map...For a point in your heart. Remember...There is only one real question. And the answer is Yes.
This blog is about setting sail.

1 comment:

  1. I started a blog two years ago now when my life was changing as well. Still write in it weekly.

    ReplyDelete